Oh boy! It's only been… about 4 months since I wrote something. Not a day goes by where I don't think…
Gee, I really should write a blog or something. Anything! It's been a while.
… and ended up not doing it. Even now, as I'm writing this very post. I'm contemplating deleting everything and saving it for another day. (I'm not though. Regardless of how badly this thing reads, I'm gonna publish it.). I don't think it comes from a place of anger… or sadness… or even fear. I think it comes from a place of awkwardness with a hint of unfamiliarity.
Kind of like, when you're in a social situation where you want to make conversation with strangers, but, you don't know what to say! So, you just drink from your cup… Until eventually, you realize all the liquid is gone - so that last sip you just took was more of a pretend one. At this point, the only rational thing you can do is… go get some more drink! Or perhaps… iunno… just say something (for Pete's sake). Or in my case… write something. (for Pete's sake!).
So, hello internet! ✌️😊.
You haven't heard from me in about 4 months! (Sorry!)
Here's what I've been up to!
- 🎉 Happy New Year
- 🐻 Illustrated a New Years Wombat for the lovely folks at npm
- ✨ Went to Disney World! (No really, we did!)
- 🖌 Illustrated intro artwork for Google's Supercharged
- ✌️ Moved from the Design 👉 Engineering Team at Help Scout
- 🙌 Started mentoring for Out Of Office Hours
- ⚡️ Created a pure CSS animation library
- ✏️ Started a YouTube channel where I draw things
- 👏 Did a CSS animation workshop for Women Who Code Toronto
- 💪 Wrote this blog post!
I recognize that I've failed pretty terribly at this, "I'm gonna write a blog post every week (or so)" thing. But, I haven't given up. I'll just try to fail less terribly the next time 😊.
P.S. This is me, (doing double thumbs up for some reason) at the CSS animation workshop!
P.P.S. I don't drink, so in the above hypothetical situation that I've totes never been in before, I most likely would have had a cup of water… or if I was feeling adventurous… fizzy water.